If you want to program a new key for your car, you will need an OBDSTAR key programming tool. This tool can be used to program keys for a variety of different cars. In order to use the tool, you will need to have a working knowledge of how to use a computer. The process is relatively simple, but it is important that you follow the instructions carefully in order to avoid any problems.
How to use OBDSTAR key programming tool
1. Insert the key into the ignition.
2. Turn on the ignition, but do not start the engine.
3. Press and hold the OBDSTAR button for three seconds.
4. After the OBDSTAR button flashes, release it and press it again for three seconds.
5. The vehicle’s odometer will now display “OBDII.”
6. Press and release the OBDSTAR button one final time to exit programming mode.
Advantages of using OBDSTAR key programming tool
1. The OBDSTAR key programming tool can be used to program new keys for a vehicle.
2. The OBDSTAR key programming tool can also be used to clone existing keys. This is useful if you have lost a key and need a replacement.
3. The OBDSTAR key programming tool is also able to read and clear fault codes from the vehicle’s computer system. This can be helpful in diagnosing problems with the vehicle.
Disadvantages of using OBDSTAR key programming tool
There are a few disadvantages of using an OBDSTAR key programming tool. One is that it can be expensive. Another is that it may not work with all vehicles. Finally, it can be difficult to find a qualified technician to use the tool.